- Rehearsals weekly from Feb. 4 – April 22 with a Virtual Concert on April 22, 2021
- 7:00-8:15 pm (socializing begins at 6:30)
- A zoom link will be sent each week. You don’t need a zoom account.
- The cost is $85 for 12 rehearsals — $7.08 a night. (This will not cover all costs but I hope that most of you will return. Added donations are always appreciated.)
- Music will be attached via computer, but paper versions can be mailed for an extra $10. Let me know by Jan 24 or ASAP, as mail is slow or we can arrange a pick up.
a message from Deb Golata:
Hello fine singers, I am excited to announce that the Berkeley Women’s Community Chorus rehearsals will begin Thursday, Feb. 4, 7-8:15 pm with a social time before at 6:30pm. Zoom may not be the favorite way to go, but it is a chance to keep our voices in shape, hone our musical skills, and connect to our singing community. I will have music that you can sing along to, even though you are muted: Choral Karaoke. And we will do a LOT of singing. Jacqueline Andersen will be back with us. The final rehearsal will be a sing straight through. (You may sing as loudly as you wish.) Please invite your friends as this can be accessed from anywhere, any device, and you don’t have to leave the house. Singing in any form lifts our spirits. I look forward to making music in these challenging but hopeful times.
Fondly, Deb Golata, firstname.lastname@example.org 510 845-6900 cell 510 984-8892
- Registration form link (Former members do not need this, unless your info. has changed.)
- Payment: Make out CHECKS to BCCO and send to Debra Golata 1731 Berkeley Way, Berkeley, 94703
OR PAYPAL. CLICK HERE to pay online If paypal please add $2.55 processing fee.
- E-MAIL your intentions by SUNDAY, Jan. 24 (whether you have or have not registered or paid – so we know that the chorus is a “GO” – and so I’ll know how many need paper copies.
And now the Music! – BWCC Spring 2021 Repertoire
AN DIE MUSIK Schubert Unis.
link key of C
I DREAM A WORLD SSA Andre J. Thomas.
I HEAR MUSIC (Loesser/Lane)
MUSIC LEAD THE WAY Laura Farnell
MUSIC OF LIFE B.E. Boykin
SHALOM Dan Forrest
SINGABAHAMBAYO (Arr. Victor Johnson)
SOUND THE TRUMPET Purcell
link Key of E flat
SWEET POWER OF SONG L.Van Beethoven
THIS IS MY SONG Sibelius Unison
WELCOME, WELCOME, EVERY GUEST Southern Harmony (Round)
link key of gm
YO LE CANTO TODO EL DIA David Brunner
link SF GIRL’S CHORUS
Music Director: Debra Golata
BACKGROUND OF THE WOMEN’S CHORUS: In response to the overwhelming interest in Berkeley Community Chorus and Orchestra, which has a full membership, a new women’s chorus was developed, directed by Debra Golata. The repertoire is classically based but also includes selections from world music and jazz standards. We hold to the high standards of BCCO–singing in 2 to 4 part harmony, in a variety of languages with development of vocal and musical skills.
DIRECTOR DEBRA GOLATA received a bachelor’s degree in music education from Michigan State University and a master’s degree in choral conducting from San Jose State University. She has studied modern and flamenco dance, acting, and classical voice in San Francisco, New York City and Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Her vocal performance experience includes solo recitals, opera, musicals, and professional choral singing. She sang with the acclaimed Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra Chorale for 15 years, and she has concertized throughout the United States and Mexico with classical guitarist Jon Harris. For Oakland’s Rockridge Chorale she performed as vocal soloist in India and England and has served as accompanist, assistant conductor and vocal coach for the San Francisco Lyric Chorus. She is organist and music director at Northbrae Community Church in Berkeley and teaches private voice and piano lessons, as well as general music classes for schools in the Bay Area.